Fibromyalgia is a common neurologic health problem that causes widespread pain and tenderness (sensitivity to touch). The pain and tenderness tend to come and go, and move about the body. Most often, people with this chronic (long-term) illness are fatigued (very tired) and have sleep problems. The diagnosis can be made with a careful examination.
• Muscle and soft tissue pain
• Repeated headaches, including migraine
• abdominal pain and episodes of diarrhea, constipation, or both
• Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome
• Fatigue and sleep disturbances
• Depression and anxiety
There is no cure for fibromyalgia. However, symptoms can be treated with both non-drug and medication-based treatments. Many times, the best outcomes are achieved by using multiple types of treatments.